- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 t. almond or vanilla extract
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, extract, chocolate chips and 1 can cherry pie filling. Stir until thoroughly combined. Pour into a greased 13×9 inch casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until fully cooked. Cool.
2. Once bars are cooled completely, spread whipped topping on top. Then pour the remaining can of cherry pie filling on top of that. Refrigerate until serving or serve immediately.