Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mexican Carnitas in the Slow Cooker

This was our dinner last night. YUM!

1.5 lb pork shoulder or loin, cubed
2 Tbsp oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup lime juice or juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup water

Salsa, diced avocado, sour cream dollops to garnish


Directions

In a mixing bowl, toss the pork cubes in the oil and ground cumin. Season with a few dashes of salt and pepper. Place in the base of the slow cooker. Add the garlic, lime juice, and water. Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Remove, let cool slightly, then shred with 2 forks. ** I didn't cut my pork loin into cubes or cook it before I put it in the crock pot. I put a frozen pork loin into the crock pot, I skipped the oil & the lime, simply because I didn't have one. It still turned out yummy! **

Recipe from: $5 Dinners

No comments:

Post a Comment